Friday 27 January 2012

Pictures of Bali


Hello lovely people,

I thought I must share some pictures of our short and sweet trip to Bali...

Paddy fields below - that was the view from our room. I felt I could watch it forever - coming from busy, busy Jakarta it felt like paradise!


Flora and Fauna in the hotel 
Aren't the flowers below unusual? See how the red flowers come out of white ones. Interesting, isn't that? On the left, one can spot two buds (waiting to blossom) still inside the bigger white flowers.


More flora in the hotel garden...


The day bed in our room ...


Close up of the wood carving above... all carved by hand. Balinese people are amazingly talented!


 Check out the carving on the study table - so intricate, isn't it? Model insisted on being photographed and I did not have the heart to ask her to stay out of the picture.

This is the foyer of a room close to ours... I get fascinated by Buddha images - they kind of relax me!


Aleeza outside one of the smaller side gates of the Bali palace. They still have a king and queen living there!

 This is a butterfly that fluttered into our room... dear hubby tried to help it to find it's freedom from the bondage of our room but sadly he damaged it's wings as you can see on the top left.
This butterfly stayed in the room all those two days that we were there and passed away minutes before we left...  I kind of felt I had to give it an honourable tribute hence the picture. We don't get to see many butterflies in Jakarta so it was very special for me...
Wish I had a better zoom lens to make my tribute more worthy.

Hope you enjoyed viewing Bali through my phone camera...

TGIF again!

Hugs,

Monica

11 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

What gorgeous pictures Monica. Beautiful wood carvings, it looks so wonderfully idyllic there. You are so lucky.
Love Sandra xxx

jimlynn said...

Beautiful, beautiful, photos! Love all the intricate carvings and the flowers are just amazing! Lovely and I know y'all had a good time.
Lynn

Shakti said...

как там красиво!очень мебель понравилась!

Sylvia x said...

Thank you for sharing your beautiful pictures with us. What a beautiful place you stayed in

Sylvia x

Sue said...

Monica,it looks a fabulous place.Love the photo's.
Sue x

Bea said...

what a great set of photos - the white flowers with red are stunning- no wonder you enjoyed your break

Helen said...

I love handmade furniture. What a beautiful place you visited, Monica! Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Merry said...

Beautiful photos Monica...thanks so much for sharing them.

Sasha said...

Such beautiful flowers and gorgeous furniture, Monica. How lucky you are to visit such wonderful places. Thank you for sharing your lovely photo's xx

Rae said...

Hello, Monica! I did enjoy the photos! My mouth was hanging open the whole time I was reading and scrolling. What a beautiful place to visit! I think you also have a beautiful little "model". :) Thanks for sharing your trip!

Karin said...

I adore looking at photos from far away places! The flowers and scenery are just beautiful and just what I need on a cold winter day...Looks like the holiday was enjoyed by the look on Aleeza's face :)