Tuesday 7 August 2012

Get Well Soon Card

Hello lovely bloggers,

We are back in Indonesia at last - no matter how great Singapore is, there is no place like home.
My small surgery went off well and the biopsy is clear so I am more than relieved.

I have some good news to share - the hospital in Singapore where I had my surgery will be happy to receive my cards which they would in turn give to their patients. How nice is that? So I am going to parcel them to the Chief Nurse and she would do the needful.

Here is a card I made a while ago for Aleeza's teacher when the poor lady broke her ankle... and since she loves curry, I packed some chicken curry and Indian bread along. Yes, the chicken curry did not stain the card - thank heavens for that as I have done great things in the past. Lol.



This card is rather simple... the flowers are from Hobby Craft in the UK - have hoarded them for million years so much so that the foam dots have lost their sticking power. The tiny daisies are from a craft store in Mumbai called, "Something Special" - trust me it is like an Aladdin's cave. 
The green paper is handmade from India as well as is the paper out of which the leaves have been punched.
Simple but pretty, is it not? And it touched the heart of the recipient so what else could I wish for?

Hope you like it...

Happy to blog again.

With love and crafty hugs,

Monica 

15 comments:

Sasha said...

Such a lovely card, Monica. I love your little plant pot with pretty flowers and leaves. A perfect card to make someone feel better x

Mihaela said...

So cute card, love those beautiful yellow flowers!!!

Dr Sonia S V said...

So lovely and had a chuckle hearing you hoarded the flowers for millions of years!

jimlynn said...

Breath taking beautiful!!! My goodness, Monica.....this is so beautiful! Love the flowers, paper, and everything else.

So glad the hospital will be taking your cards to give for patients. You're a wonderful, wonderful lady.

Super hugs on your recovery - and will e-mail soon!

Lynn

Bea said...

great newa Monica - mind and take it easy til you are better. The card is lovely - the colours are so cheerful

Sue said...

Great news Monica,your mind must be so at ease.
Beautiful card,love the flowers and paper.
Hugs Sue xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Wonderful news Monica, you can have piece of mind, and how lovely to send cards to the hospital. This card is gorgeous I like the flowers& foliage the embossing and the embossed sentiment.
Kevin xx

Skye said...

Beautiful card. Lovely delicate colours and pretty flowers.

Take care of yourself

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi My friend Monica .So glad that you had good test results ..BUT continue to take care of you ..

Love the embossed words on your fabulous card .The pot of flowers is so beautiful .The colour combinations are exquisite .

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

So much going on! Glad the biopsy was clear! How fabulous that you'll send cards to the hospital! That's wonderful!

Love this card! That background green is terrific and the beautiful flowers and the embossed sentiment!
So much :)

Helen said...

It is absolutely beautiful, Monica! Glad to hear the surgery went well.

1CardCreator said...

So happy to hear your good news Monica! We are all relieved for you too! Beautiful card you made, love the crinkled background too, great touch.

Viv said...

Syuch a pretty card Monica - it couldn't not bring a smile to the recipient's face. Lovely. x

Karin said...

So, so grateful for your good news! I can't imagine how distressing it must have been for you and your family. God bless you and those that will be touched by your beautiful creations. You are just so kind and generous. I love your cheerful get well card too!

Merry said...

So glad to hear that all is well Monica.....I can't believe I have missed out on so much on your blog. Actually, I can....I just don't seem to be finding as much time for the computer at the moment. What terrific news that the hospital will take your lovely cards. This one is wonderful, I especially like the green paper background.