Thursday 27 September 2012

This one sold instantly!!!

Hello lovely bloggers,

Hope you are having a decent day/evening which ever part of the globe you are in.
I had a lovely day with some friends over, we had a yummy potluck lunch and lovely conversation along with it. I don't know what it is about potlucks but they are such fun.

Now to my card, I have used a Hero Arts block to stamp the background in Aqua and then went over it with my green and yellow water colour pencils. Also glittered some of the flowers in the image. Stuck a butterfly and a flower alongwith some pop up glue over which I dabbed some silver nailpolish.


Am going to submit this card for the following challenges:

Crafting for all seasons - Things with wings
For fun challenges - Use a stamp
Paper shelter challenge - Anything goes

Tomorrow is Aleeza's sports day and she has been soooo excited about it since the last three weeks... But this afternoon, when I remarked, "Tomorrow is sports day, Aleeza, aren't you excited?" Pat came the answer, "No, I am not". And when I asked why, she responded, "Because I have been excited all these days, today I am not!!!" Some logic there...

See you soon.

Love,

Monica

18 comments:

Kylie said...

What a beautiful background you have created! I love the butterflies as they are just 'so spring'. Thanks so much for playing along at Addicted to Stamps and More xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Monica, Beautiful card. Fab stamping on the background. Sounds like you have been have a great day.
Regards Florence x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous Monica.xxx

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh wow Monica, what a fabulous beauty this is . Gorgeous delicate colours, fabulous my friend.
Love Sandra xxx

Karin said...

The colors on this card are just marvelous and I never thought to use nail polish to add some flair to an embellishment! Great idea :)

I've been away from blogland for so long, I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to use some of the supplies and that your cards sold! Not that I ever doubted!

I will be back later to check out more of what I've missed. Many thanks as always for your kindness sweet blogging friend.

Sasha said...

Potluck lunch! Never heard of that before, Monica, but it sure sounds fun!
Your card is very pretty. I love how you created your background. Your flower and butterfly coordinate perfectly x

Dr Sonia S V said...

What lovely soothing colors Monica no wonder it was a hit

Bea said...

hi Monica - your card is so pretty and the colour of that flower is stunning - glad to hear you had a good day.

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Of course it sold! It's great!!!!!!

LOL at Aleeza's story! Hope she's excited tomorrow!! :)

Jacqueline said...

Thanks for joining in this week at ATS & More - your card is lovely - Jacqueline xx

Helen said...

beautiful card, Monica! sound likes you had a wonderful time.

Patrice said...

Such beautiful colours Monica. A gorgeous Spring card.

Thanks so much for joining the challenge fun at ATS&M.

Canonbury creations said...

Fabulous spring themed card Monica, great colour combo and love the idea of using nail varnish on your flower! Thanks for playing along at ATS
Val x

Helen Dooley said...

It must be difficult to move so much, but Its good to have family to go with. I can understand meeting friends on line, I was sick for years and they were my only communication beside my kids I had so Im glad you made friends this way. I really love your card. Im really glad you decided to share the beauty with us at For Fun!
Hugs to you!!

Stempelomi said...

lovely and nice details!

jimlynn said...

WOW! Monica, this is a stunner! Love your coloring with the pencils and that beautiful flower! I'll have to remember about the silver nail polish! Really pretty.
Lynn

Carol said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining us at CFAS this time. Carol DT x

Merry said...

Can't believe how quickly I get behind in visiting your wonderful creations. Terrific card...great idea using the nailpolish.