Thursday 31 January 2013

I love this sentiment...

Hello sweet bloggers,
Welcome to my latest follower - Gowri. Thanks for joining my blog - happy to see my followers growing beside my girth which is in urgent need of exercise. Lol.
This is my 20th post for this month - now that is a serious lot and am rather pleased about that.
Here is a card I have made following the sketch at http://stampsfun-creativity.blogspot.com/
I have used Bo Bunny papers from Kaiser craft and the sentiment stamp is from Penny Black - my latest buy. The lock and key were sent to me by my dear blog buddy Terry. The green cord, bling and buttons are from my stash. Not sure whether the buttons match the bling, though. Also it is a night shot, so it is not  that brilliant.



I will also enter this card in the following challenges:
http://celebratetheoccasion.blogspot.com/ - green, white and another colour
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ - always anything goes

Below are pictures of the Chinese New Year decoration at a mall close by. I found them so pretty that I had to share them. Aleeza is there too in her school uniform...




These fans were part of the ceiling decoration - wish I had done more justice to the picture.




Catch you soon.

Love,

Monica 

15 comments:

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love the saying Monica and the fans sure are pretty
Cheers
Dr Sonia

McCrafty's Cards said...

Fabulous card Monica, I like the sentiment the paper and the key,those fans are beautiful.
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Fantastic photos!!! (And Aleeza is so cute too!!!)

Love your card - the greens on this just pop off the page! VERY cute sentiment too!

Lynn

Penny said...

Monica, the sentiment is just fabulous! I love how you used key papers and embellies to go along with it! Thank you for sharing this with us at Lady Anne's this month! :^)
Hugs, Penny

Anne Fenton said...

Monica I love your sentiment....great card and your fans are fabulous..thank you for sharing with TTCRD this week.

Adrian said...

Very nice, thanks for playing @ CTO!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! Those flowers are incredible!

Love your card! Reminds me of the chalkboard technique!

Karin said...

Fabulous photos of the decor and Aleeza too :) Love the sentiment (so true) and all the bits and bobs on this card!

Angela said...

Yor card looks really great.Thank you for joining us at SFC.
Many greetings
Angela

Angela said...

Yor card looks really great.Thank you for joining us at SFC.
Many greetings
Angela

Unknown said...

This is a great card with smart sentiment, love it! Thank you for joining us at the Celebrate the Occasion challenge and hope to see you back again.
Please join also our blog hop & win some blog candy!
Hugs
Anna xxx

Skye said...

Lovely card. I like the pretty green an the embellishments. That is a great sentiment.
Lovely photos of the display and Aleeza. The fan display is very pretty.

Esther said...

Great card, awesome sentiment!
Thanks for joining us at CTO this week!!!

crafty-stamper said...

great card and love the papers and sentiment-brilliant photos and love the fans -thanks for joining us at Twisted Tuesday
Carol DT x

Kirsti said...

Kauniita kuvia ja kortteja:) Monica kiitos, kun jaksat käydä blogissani <3