Sunday 9 February 2014

Lunar year of the Horse

Hello sweet bloggers,

I seem to be going slow with blogging and to top it all, we have changed our internet service provider and that has further slowed down everything.
Aleeza's sixth birthday was on the 7th and we had a party for her today with her class mates. It was a real hit and I will try and post some pictures tomorrow.

Now to my card - it has been been made for a very special person who is in his eighties. I had these special peel offs that I had bought from a museum shop in Prague. I fell in love with the horses the moment I saw them and saved them for over three years. Remember, I spoke of my hoarding instincts earlier? Lol. The stars are from the same sheet while the little rocks are negatives from another sticker sheet. The copper boarder came from Shirley Anne. Thank you so much for all your kindness. The organza ribbon is from my stash and I thought it fits in quite well.



Down below is a card that Aleeza made for her Dad almost on her own to congratulate him on joining another company. Sweet of her, isn't it? 


Here is another card that Aleeza made for her sister.


Hope to catch you later.

Love,

Monica 

9 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

they are all gorgeous Monica, I love the horses, but Micky and Mini are brilliant!!
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Aleeza is rocking right along with those cards! BOTH are so cute and I know that dad and Zeenya loved them!

Love your card too - fantastic looking with those horses and stars.

I saw some of the pics on FB of the party! Great photos and I have to tell you - you have two very beautiful girls!! Zeenya is growing up so fast now - as is Aleeza!

Lynn

Mounika Reddy said...

Great work by you and your daughter..

Dr Sonia S V said...

WOW the horses look so striking Monica and I am in the same blogging rut like you...not seem to be able to get myself to blog!! Miss you though!!

DIANA L. said...

Nice cards!! Have a great day
DIANA L.
dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Your Aleeza is going to a lovely card maker just like her Mum.Lovely cards all of them.
Hugs Sue xx

Sue said...

Your Aleeza is going to a lovely card maker just like her Mum.Lovely cards all of them.
Hugs Sue xx

nwilliams6 said...

Cute cards. Aleeza needs her own blog soon! What talent - I know you are proud. Love your card too. Hugz!

Shirley-Anne said...

All cards are beautiful .Belated birthday greetings to Aleeza.