Sunday 6 April 2014

For Less is More - a touch of turquoise

Hello kind peeps,

When I went to the super market this evening, I decided to spoil myself with some craft goodies and here is the card I made in seconds from my new Penny Black stamp. I have been eying this stamp at the bookshop for a while now and today was the day when I gave in to my temptation. The first attempt at stamping straight on to the card stock was a messy affair. But I was determined and did manage to get it right. I have outlined the bird with my Prisma turquoise pencil and have stuck turquoise rhinestones as well to add more interest. In my earlier times, I would be uncomfortable with such a simple, no frill card but now I am rather confident. That means I have come a long way with CAS and the credit goes to LIM for that. Thank you, LIM!


Here is lil' Aleeza at her second art class with her left hand.


This is her finished art work - I think she could teach me how to shade and stuff. Lol.


Since she has been home for a month now, a friend came over to play. They are doodling on her cast which is coming off tomorrow. Yaay!!!


Oh happy childhood - no inhibitions, only fun, fun and more fun.


Wish you a happy Sunday and I will come and do some visiting when I have more 'me' time,

Monica 

13 comments:

Sue said...

Hello Monica,I love your cas card and the touch of colour.
Aleeza must be wishing her cast away. She is getting very good with her colouring :)
Hugs Sue

Dotty Jo said...

Super card, I love that you really have used a touch of turquiose! Great pics too - hope her arm heals up good as knew, Jo x

jimlynn said...

Monica, your card is so pretty!! I love it and that touch of color is just perfect - and perfect for the challenge too! VERY nice!
Aleeza......GREAT news on getting that cast off. I know she's looking forward to that. She does fantastic work and this bunny is just wonderful! Love her shading and coloring too. It's awesome!
Lynn

Jan said...

This is great Monica TFS xx Jan

Donna Ellis said...

how sweet the photos, and your card, are, Monica! hugs, de

Chrissie said...

This is great Monica and how great to see your other pics!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

nwilliams6 said...

Monica, I think this may be my favorite card I have seen you make! The gems, colors, design, and sentiment are beautiful. wow! Great kid pics too. Hugz!

Cathy said...

Fantastic CAS card Monica, great to hear Aleeza's cast will be off soon, hope the last of her recovery is speedy. Her colouring looks awesome too :) Cathy x

Anne said...

Lovely card and best wishes to Aleeza!
Thanks so much for playing along at Less is More this week
Anne
LIM Designer

Merry said...

Hi Monica, it's me playing catch up now. You certainly do have the CAS cards down pat….this is a lovely card. How clever is Aleeza with all that shading on her picture….way to go. I bet Aleeza will be so happy to get her cast off.

thassos456 said...

What a lovely card. Love the little bird :)

Skye said...

Lovely card. What a great sentiment. Nice touch of bling too.
Lovely to see the photos of Aleeza. You have a budding artist, left hand and all

Laura said...

WOW! Your Daughters coloring/shading is awesome. Love both cards and hope your daughter is doing good.

Laura