Friday 31 October 2014

Happy Halloween

Hello sweet peeps,

Happy Halloween to all those who celebrate it. What a fun day we had in school this morning with the entire school celebrating in all it's glory. I will post pictures another time as I am yet to load them on the computer.
We were away to Hong Kong as we wanted to take Aleeza to Disney World - she is going to be seven next year so we thought let her enjoy these fun places. It was a wonderful experience and since it was fall, it was nice and cool. Singapore is hot and humid all year long so it was a luxury for us to be in pleasant clime.  Zeenya also met up with a friend of hers from her previous school so it was a win-win for everyone.

Here is a card I have made with handmade paper from India. The chipboard images are from my stash as is the sentiment. The blue glitter pop up dots are fabric glue from India. I love their texture.


Happy weekend,

Monica

8 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - your family is getting to see so much of the world! So fun. Your handmade paper is gorgeous and the chipboard elements are perfect. Happy Halloween Monica - I love Halloween because the next day is my birthday! LOL! Hugz

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Monica. What a beautiful card, such wonderful colours and lovely design.
Thank you for thinking of me on my Birthday today, Halloween.
Lots of love, Sandra xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card Monica, I like the sweet butterfly and the flowers
Kevin xx

jimlynn said...

Monica, this is so beautiful! I love the colors on here and also those pretty, pretty flowers.

Lynn

Skye said...

This is lovely. It is a very lovely bright & happy card. The handmade paper is gorgeous. I like the pretty butterfly & flowers

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Monica . Your post is a lovely read again .
A delightful card with great back ground paper for butterfly and flowers .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

Bea said...

hi Monica - love your card - the background paper is a beautiful colour. Glad to hear you ae settled again. I am finding cards hard to do at the moment as I am trying to make a quilt for my son and his girlfriend. It is a while since I used my sewing machine so am getting back into the way of it - not always successfully [a lot of unpicking in the first few days!!].
take care :)

Shelly @Crafty Creative Studio said...

Beautiful card, as usual. :) My good friend had the opportunity to be the guest artist at a small private school. She went to teach the kids to make cards, Halloween cards. And, I was privileged to go along and help!! Such fun! Grades 1st through 6th. I want to write a post, and show all of their creativeness. But... I REALLY need to re-do my blog -so I hesitate to post anything.:( I really like the way the paper coordinates with your flower embellishment.