Thursday 30 March 2017

Black and silver

Hello sweet bloggers,

Thank you for your kind comments on my last post and here is another quickie to show you today. I was actually going to use a stamped image on this card but realized that the white background of the image was a tad cream so I opted to go with the paper alone which is quite dressy by itself. The silver dots were randomly added with a gel pen to hide a faux pas. I was trying to be very wise cleaning my scissors with my fingers and I calmly slashed my thumb it while doing so. And there were some tell tale marks which came on the card. So out came my trusted gel pen and I dotted the card.  Another wise thing I did was to use a silvery beaded mat as a backdrop for the card. Am left wondering whether it has taken the attention off the card. 



I will enter this card in the following challenges:

http://themaleroomchallengeblog.blogspot.sg/ - black, white and one more colour

Happy crafting my friends,

Monica 

11 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

While your gorgeous paper is absolutely WONDERFUL, I think the white actually helps enhance the colored paper's textures and features! Don't you love when our boo-boo's end up making a card prettier than we had originally intended? Your little silver dots appear to be dancing merrily across the card - the PERFECT complement to the dancing "happy birthday" below, and all the pretty textures behind. Loveliness!

Someone is going to be very happy with this card -- and the extra little "red" that you covered? It means it was made with love LOL

Have a fantastic week-end, Monica!
love,
de

jimlynn said...

No stamping was needed on this Monica! Just so beautiful and elegant looking like it is. Sorry about the cut but I don't even think a little blood could have hurt this beauty!
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Monica - this is gorgeous, and the silver dots enhance it beautifully!! Doesn't matter why you put them there :-)
Blessings
Maxine

Monika Reeck said...

Monica I am so sorry I was not visiting all my bloggy friend
I was so MIA hehe
and now I try to catch up
this is so lovely DP Monica I never have some kind of adorable paper and great added the gel pen in silver too...
Sweet bday card
will catch up now sweety I have a little minute for you :)

Wendy Ann Batchen said...

Lovely card, thanks for sharing with Inspiration Destination and we hope to see you again next time. Wendy DT xx

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Such a fab card..love it..so unique..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti

TracyM #6773 said...

Beautiful card!
LOVE your elegant design and VERY CLEVER silver dots ... funny how an oops moment makes a project even more wonderful!
Thank You for joining us at the Crafty Gals Corner :)

Andreja said...

This card is so beautiful :-)) I like how you combine white+black+another colour.
I am so glad you played along with us at The Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Skye said...

A very elegant card. It could be for a male or a female recipient. Great colour combination. Your little mishap hasn't hurt your card at all. I hope your finger is okay?

Deborah Frings said...

I think the design paper is just super and I like how you've allowed it to shine. The silver dots are a fab addition. Thanks so much for playing in our Colour challenge at The Male Room. Deborah, DT.

Rocky said...

That's one great masculine card and absolutely perfect for our challenge, thank you for joining us at TMR.