Tuesday 28 August 2018

Oh so green card

Hello dear bloggers,

Thank you for your kind words on my previous post. With time, I will get used to Zeenya's going to the university. We do try and talk on the phone so that is a big blessing.

Now to my card which was made before summer holidays with food colouring in green and yellow. I tried some kind of smoosh and my own style. I die cut the green paper and stuck in a white die cut fern in the reverse bit. The sentiment is handwritten and it has been placed on foam dots for extra interest.




I will enter this card in the following:


Happy blogging,

Monica 

6 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Monica, the food dye came out so well! I hadn't ever thought of that but it is dye so it makes sense. Great look especially with the die cut leaves. Wonderfully done.

When they go off to college it is rough. My youngest is in her third year and it is still very hard. Not only do you miss them, but you miss when they really need you. How exciting for her though. I am thinking of you!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Monica - love how you have improvised and used what you have on hand to create this amazing background, and the white fren leaf against it is so dramatic.
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Wow! This is awesome Monica!!! Love that reverse green of the background and then the white fern. Stunning!!! Food coloring? Who would have ever thought. LOVE IT!
Lynn

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Monica.Thanks for calling into my posts and leaving kind words .
This is very clever , your back ground technique as is the die cut fern leaf for this amazing card .

Elizabeth Hart said...

The fern leaf in the all white really pops against the pretty green. Thanks so much for joining us this time at the Dragonfly Dreams Challenge, Elizabeth

Julie Odil said...

Such a bright, pretty card. Love the color of it. Thanks for joining us this week at QKR Stampede Challenge Blog. Julie, DT member