Monday 10 September 2012

For less is more - foliage

Hello lovely bloggers,

Hope you had a nice weekend...

I managed to make a few cards with great ease and that made me happy!!!

And now to this card that I made this afternoon for Less is Morehttp://simplylessismoore.blogspot.co.uk/ - just before I went to pick up Aleeza from school.
The two pictures are of the same card but the second one was clicked on the high density mode - see the difference.

I put it through my Cuttlebug and then stamped the leaf in the centre as it kind of looked a bit blank in the centre. The leaf is from a clear Hero Arts stamp set and it was stamped in Olive vine. I sponged it with Tim Holtz crushed olive and wild honey. 
The sentiment is handwritten with a brown Staedler pen and Sakura gold gel pen over that.
I went over the embossed outline with Sakura gold gel pen and it looks really nice in real life.






Will come and visit a little later on...

Love,

Monica

17 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Monica. This is gorgeous, just love the design and colour.
Happy crafting.
Love Sandra xx

McCrafty's Cards said...

This is gorgeous Monica, I love the design and the colours.
Kevin xx

Sue said...

Monica,love you card and image.
Hugs Sue x

Julie Brooks said...

Lovely card Monica x

Doreen said...

This is gorgeous,love the design.xxx

Deb said...

Love the inking over the embossing! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Bea said...

fab card Monica - what a difference in high density as the elements really pop.

Claudia said...

Hi Monica, what a great idea, love the embossing and the layout is great.
Thank you also for your so lovely comment on my blog.
Hugs and a nice week
Claudia

Chrissie said...

That's a great embossing folder Monica... I quite like it when only the raised part of the embossing is highlighted.
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Lynn said...

Absolutely gorgeous embossing! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Virginia L. said...

So rich and beautiful!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CASual Fridays!

Pauline said...

This is beautiful, I love the gold highlights, very pretty.

Karin said...

This looks amazing! The embossing looks wonderful and the sponging really highlights it well :) Lovely card Monica!

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I love seeing the detail in the high density shot! So pretty!

Mandi said...

How lovely , clever embossing
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Carol L said...

Your card is very pretty, and I love the sponged color and textured cardstock!

Merry said...

Lovely idea....the leaf looks great in the centre.