Tuesday 18 September 2012

Some quick cards

Hello sweet bloggers,

First of all, I must apologize for not welcoming my new followers. A very warm welcome and many thanks to all of you.

This morning I attended a talk by a visiting psychologist on "Pressured Children" at my older one's school and it proved to be very useful. It kind of made me feel good about my parenting style - like not pushing my kids for high grades!!! 

Below are some cards that I made in a jiffy with the flowers and sentiments that Karin sent me. I have used my new embossing folder from Quickcutz as well. The flourish is from Sizzix - saw it in Singapore and grabbed it for dear life. Lol.
Am going to submit this card the monthly challenge at Unstampabelles, the theme this month being embossing.





Off to get some dinner now...

Thanks for all the sweet comments on my previous cards.

Love,

Monica

16 comments:

Crafterkhush said...

Really pretty cards!!!

Doreen said...

Love your cards Monica.xxx

Sasha said...

I love the butterflies and flowers, Monica...such lovely embossing, too. Fab collage cards! x

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Monica both cards are delightful .Love how I have been able to see you grow in papercraft and how you have developed a beautiful style of your own .Thanks for sharing this and so many of your projects here on Make it Monday

McCrafty's Cards said...

Both cards are gorgeous Monica, I love your swirls, and the butterflies
Kevin xx

Viv said...

Lovely cards Monica. x

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Monica. These are so sweet and very delicate too. Such pretty colours and I just love the butterflies.
Love Sandra xxx

Sue said...

Hi Monica,two beautiful cards.Love the butterflies and sweet flower.
Hugs Sue xx

ursula Uphof said...

Love both your cards, so CAS, Hugs, Ursula

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Two great cards! Love the embossing, flowers and butterflies :)

Merry said...

Beautiful cards Monica....I like on the first card how you teamed the embossing with that panel of striped paper. Lovely butterflies on the second card. Great to see you over at Unstampabelles in our embossing challenge. Can I ask that you put a link to the challenge in this post. Thanks.

I am with you with grades at school...I only asked that my kids at least pass and if they get higher that is a bonus. They push themselves hard enough.

jimlynn said...

Monica, BOTH of these are just breath taking beautiful!!! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!! That really is a wonderful embossing folder too! Gorgeous cards.
Lynn

Susan Hogan said...

Hi, glad to see you! Hope you are felling much better! Now,those cards are fabulous - love how you have used that folder and your colour contrasts are yummy! I am sure your parenting style is great, but it is nice to have confirmation that you are heading in the right direction every now and then. Thanks for sharing and joining in the fun at Unstampabelles Embossing Challenge this month!

Lauren T said...

Wonderful subtle embossing. I really like the butterflies on the second one. Thanks for playing at Unstampabelles.

sparklingblackrose said...

I saw the pretty butterfly card on MIM, have a lovely day :-) Elaine-xxx-

Cheryl said...

Beautiful cards!




I saw your card on MIM and had to drop by for a closer look. I'm numbers 109 & 237.

--Cheryl--

Stop by my blog to check out my {Belated} Birthday Blog Candy!