Wednesday 12 January 2011

First Valentine card and partly recycled

Add caption
Hello bloggers,

This is my second card for today - see how happy I am to be back!!!

I embossed my Hero Arts block stamp on to creamy white paper. The big hearts have been cut from Sizzix while the small hearts are from my Carla craft punch. On the top right is a metal heart which sadly cannot be seen in the picture. I seriously have to do something with my photography skills.

The foil hearts have been recycled from the kitchen shelf.

The sentiment at the bottom is handwritten.


I am going to link this to Naturally Me Creations - a beautiful blog run by Monique of South Africa. Do visit her and see the delightful stuff she makes. She is a big fan of recycled stuff as well and does it with real pizzaz!

Have a nice day where ever you are...


Hugs,

Monica

13 comments:

Always with a Sentiment said...

Oh Monica, this is just so beautiful and full of love. I am loving the swirly background, and fancy recycling foil, just great. You are so inventive. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

jimlynn said...

BEAUTIFUL Valentine's card Monica! Know that it just shimmers and shines. So very pretty.
Lynn

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

Beautiful Monica! Your handwriting is gorgeous! I wouldn't of known it was handwritten if you didn't mention it!

Love all the silver and glitter :)
Maria

Shirley-Anne said...

Lovely card , love the layout of the hearts of different shapes and sizes .

Benzi said...

Very pretty swirls and hearts and good use of the foil. Thanks for playing in the Stampin B's die cut challenge.

Loraine Arderne said...

Beautifull card Monica. Just gorgeous in silver.

Naturally Me Creations said...

Tnx for entering this lovely card at my party! :D
I hope to see you back again next week! :)

Unknown said...

Monica, As always your card is gorgeous! I love the silver hearts and your hand writting is excellent for sentiments! I wouldn't have known if you didn't mention it! I just love how you recycle everything! Hugz

Unknown said...

This is very romantic x Leigh x

Jennifer said...

hi Monica! An adorable card.....you have been v.busy since I last popped by! Sorry I am a bit short on time to stop by as often as i'd like xx Jenny xx

Do What You Love said...

Hi Monica - I hope you and the family had a great holiday! I see I've missed quite a few lovely creations and a visit with friends - how wonderful! I love hearts and to recycle foil from the kitchen - how very clever of you! I just love the silver on white - it is quite elegant!

Naturally Me Creations said...

Hi again! I've featured your card! :) If you want, you can grab my "i was featured" badge. :)

Naturally Me Creations said...

Ish....here's the link to the feature!

http://naturallymecreations.blogspot.com/2011/01/your-featured-creation-from-who-made.html