Tuesday 10 May 2011

Less is More - my first time



Hello bloggers,
Thanks for all the love you have been leaving me for my blogoversary. I cannot believe that my little blog is one year old!!!


Hope you all are happy and feeling your best...


The girls and I have been down with a flu' and to top it all one of our gold fish died - she just jumped out of the fish bowl and committed suicide! I discovered its' absence in the middle of the night when I went to eat a midnight snack and it sure did break my heart. I kept staring into the bowl thinking it would magically appear from somewhere. But it didn't and I went to bed  a trifle sad. Next morning, Zeenya found the dead fish lying on the floor by the side cabinet. 
Anyway, one has to move on, right, so what I did was to buy another fish immediately to tide over the loss. People go through much more in life so this is just miniscule, I guess.


That was enough waffle there...


Now to this card - I have been tempted many a time to participate in Less is More but somehow could not get down to it. However this time, I made a serious effort because the challenge was 'white on white'.

I have used my new embossing folder which I bought over the net alongwith some more crafting goodies. The sentiment has also been embossed as you can see.
I have made the flowers with my Ek Success scallop punch - it was easy peasy for a change. I just sprayed some water on the punched shape, crumpled it up and shaped it with a quilling tool. The one in the centre has two punched scalloped flowers while the ones on the sides have a single flower. I finished off the flowers with flat pearls in the centre.


Hope you like my card. Would love it if you leave me a comment.


Hugs,


Monica

36 comments:

Jennifer said...

This is so stunning Monica...so sorry about your fish xx Jenny xx

Chrissie said...

Hi Monica and welcome to "Less is More! I'm delighted that you have decided to join us.
This is a lovely card and I think that your handmade flowers are really pretty.
I hope that you'll join us each week from now onwards!
Thanks so much!
Chrissie
Lady LIM
"Less is More"

Helen said...

Hi Monica,
Your card looks great! Less sure is better, that's what I've been doing also.

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hi Monica. Well this is another of your fab creations. Absolutely gorgeous my friend. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xxx

Kathyk said...

Sorry to hear of Zeenya the fish' death. Happy Blogversary (my own is next month) and a truly fab card for the LIM challenge

Kathyk

Dolly Daydreams said...

to LIM your card is so lovely , gorgeous embossing. sorry to hear about your fish.

Marie

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful card, so sad about your fish!

Pauline said...

Beautiful, love the shimmer of that gorgeous card stock!

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Monica , hey well done with Make it Monday Spot too. now this card is a winner too love your workings on the flowers hugs shirley-anne.

Deborah Frings said...

Hi Monica - I do like your card - beautiful scrolls and a bold sentiment - lovely!

Sorry about your fish - when I was a girl my goldfish did much the same - it was very sad!

Sue said...

Its is a beautiful card, the flowers are really effective.Congratulations on your blogaversay Sue x

jimlynn said...

It's beautiful!!! Love that new embossing folder you have too. A gorgeous card.
So sorry about the goldfish.
Lynn

Susan said...

Hi Monica! Your card is beautiful! I love that embossing folder...and the flowers are very pretty too! Glad you decided to play along...I bet you'll be back too!

Zoechaos said...

Love the rich texture from that embossing folder makes a simple card special XOXO Zoe

Elizabeth said...

Fantastic, Monica!! This card is very classy and I'm so thrilled for you that you are able to make some kind of flowers! Still hoping and praying your fingers get better very quickly so you can make more of the 'masterpiece' kind! =)

Romina Nahata said...

hey !am a new follower !do drop in on my blog too n leave sum love :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Hi Monica.Thank you for all the lovely stuff you have written at my blog today.Our goldfish also committed suicide once. 2 of them did it and then hubby got a fish tank with a roof. It seems its a behavioral problem with fish.
Love and Cheers from Bangalore
Dr Sonia S V

Dr Sonia S V said...

Lovely embossed card. I have always been fascinated by embossing. Yours has come out so well.

Mary J said...

Hello Monica! How sad, the poor little fish - RIP. And sorry to hear you've all been unwell, hope you are 100% recovered!

Gorgeous card - so elegant and luscious! Great job honey!

fatmonica said...

That's a wonderful card!I'm so glad you decided to give it a go!
Sorry about your goldfish-it must be a goldfish thing to jump,ours did that last year.

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Monica,love the embossing.Sorry about your poor goldfish.
Hugs Sue xx

Ang C said...

A beautiful card - love the embossing!

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Monica, this is such a pretty card. So sorry about your goldfish :( ... Kasey ~ in Oz

Michelle said...

Hi Monica

Oh boy, what a time you have been having :-(.

Sorry to hear about your fish, and I hope that you and the girls are feeling better now.

Your card is so beautiful, very elegant.

Thank you for sharing with us at Make It Monday this week.

Michelle :-)

Princess4Wiz said...

Beautiful card, Monica, as always! I hope you are all feeling better now? Sorry to hear about your fish. We keep fish too and it's always upsetting when you lose them. Hugs to you all. Beth. xxx

Jen said...

This is a beautiful card.
jenjoy x

Aileen said...

Hi Monica, nice to see you here.

I love the shimmer on your card and your embossed sentiment.

Thanks for all the lovely comments you've been leaving with me. x

Pauline C said...

Very pretty Monica - love the glimmer of the card.
pauline x

Christine L said...

Your card is beautiful! Love that shimmer and your flowers are fab!
Hugs
Christine x

Anita Kejriwal said...

very pretty card! the embossing is very good!

Karin said...

So sorry to read about the little fish and I hope that everyone is feeling 100% real soon :) I love you monochromatic card and the flowers are the perfect embellishments!

C said...

So sorry, Monica..for your little fish and for you...hope you're feeling better by now.

Great job on this card! Love the sheen!

A Year Of Quotes said...

Simple and elegant! I love it! :)

Sarah's Little Snippets said...

Beautiful card - the embossing is lovely on the shimmer card. Sarah x

Mandi said...

Welcome to our challenge
your card is very pretty, especially the flowers
The pearl card looks FAB embossed
Thank you!
Diva LIM mandi
Less is More

Naturally Me Creations said...

Gorgeous!