Friday 7 June 2013

Sing like no one's listening

Hello sweet bloggers,

Here is a card I made for a Monday challenge (Techno Stampers Challenge) and finally had time to post it on to my blog this evening. By the way the silvery embossed paper you see on the left was part of a lid of a takeaway box. I have used an Inkadinkadoh stamp and have stamped it with Brilliance pearlescent orchid on black card stock. To add more shimmer I have glittered the bird and the flower. The glittery music note stickers are from Jolee's and the white feather is from my stash. I am not too pleased with the way I placed these two elements though.



Down below is a picture of Aleeza and her class mates at the Annual Concert doing an eightees dance to Foot Loose. Apologies for the poor picture quality but the dance was just too cute for words. 



I will enter my card in the following challenges as well:

Catch you later.

Love,
Monica 

8 comments:

jimlynn said...

The recycle queen is back!!!! Love the shine from the takeout lid and your card is gorgeous. Great sketch for this image too.
Foot Loose!!! How fun that must have been and know she Aleeza looked as cute as a button!
Lynn

McCrafty's Cards said...

Beautiful card Monica, I like the bird the embossing the feather and the musical notes, the children look like they are enjoying the dancing.
Kevin xx

1CardCreator said...

Gorgeous card Monica, love the take out box, great idea! The kids look adorable. ~Diane

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Monica-great use of recycling-looks fabulous with the embossing :)
Great take on the challenge sketch too,Nessa xx

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

I always sing like no ones listening - and if they are - oh well! LOL

Love the addition of the feather!!

The school dance looks like a lot of fun too!

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Monica! Enjoyed my evening getting caught up on your blog and seeing all the cards and family photos. Your daughter is so sweet. Love this bird card with the Brilliance inks and glitter - looks so rich and glistening! Brilliance inks are among my favorites! I am improving, but Patience is lacking. Still using a walker. The hard part is forcing myself to rest and keep my legs up. I hope you are feeling better. Will you be visiting S'pore any time soon? Hoping you are not fighting those debilitating headaches, still. hugs, de

Merry said...

Hi Monica, I am still trying to catch up. I think I just have to admit I will be in this mode for a little bit. :-) This card is beautiful....that bird image is wonderful. What a fun photo of your daughter and friends....great background.

Skye said...

A gorgeous card. I like how you have tied images together. Love the shimmer.
Sweet photo of Aleeza