Thursday 19 September 2019

Pink feather

Hello sweet peeps,

Today I went to my younger one's school to host the third session of meditation and what we did was a guided gratitude meditation conducted by me and we watched two talks on gratitude and a Ted talk by Sam Berns who passed on in 2014 to Progeria. His talk was so full of good energy and motivation and in spite of watching it multiple times, I still seem to love it from a new angle. I also distributed small gratitude journals to the participants and we ended with eating oranges. By the way, the money from these sessions will be donated to an abused women's shelter in Singapore and I feel so blessed to be able to do that. 

Now to my very simple card which needs barely any explanation. The feather was bought in Indonesia from a lovely book cum stationery shop many years ago. I cut out a nestie and propped it on foam dots. The bright, oh-so-bright feather nested nicely inside the nestie and voila, my card was ready to fly. The backdrop for the photo is paper that was made from elephant poop. I have used it earlier and shared its deep-rooted background with you. Lol. My friend's daughter got it for me all the way from Thailand and the papers are actually so pretty that I dare not cut it. So I have decided to use it as a backdrop. A random thought just came to me which is that maybe I am not keen enough to make cards out of paper that was made out of poop. Lol.



I will enter in the following challenges with my card:



Wish you happy card making,

Monica

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

Clean and simple and absolutely stunning!!! Beautiful card Monica.
So glad you had a good day today!
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a simple, elegant and absolutely stunning card Monica - love it!! And the (elephant) poop paper too :)
Blessings
Maxine

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning card....love your beautiful pink feather, really makes a fabulous card. Thank you so much for playing along with us at ATSM!

Victoria Rowson said...

Fabulous card. I love the bright pink feather! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. I hope you can join us again soon.
Victoria DT

Robin Francini said...

Perfect CAS Card! I adore the bright pink feather, and how interesting to be using paper made from poop! Thanks for joining us Addicted To Stamps And More, Robin DT Member