Wednesday 9 October 2019

Thin parchment

Hello dear bloggers,

Here is my card to show you today which was made some weeks ago. The sentiment has been die cut from an Indian wedding card. The butterflies have been die cut from a pastry base. The green and yellow paper you see is a thin parchment-like packaging paper from a t-shirt. I used it over a water colour paper the same way one would use a cling wrap. I followed the exact same technique except that I randomly coloured with water colour pencils and sprayed the paper with water and put the thin parchment-like packaging paper over the water colour paper. This is what came about which I am loving no end. I have the top and bottom paper which I can use without throwing anything away. So I did take care of mother earth too. 



I will enter the following challenges with this card:
https://crazy4challenges.blogspot.com - sentiment as focal point

Happy cardmaking,

Monica 



6 comments:

jimlynn said...

GORGEOUS!!! I love the soft colors of that background and the way you did it. So beautiful!
Lynn

denise said...

What a great idea to recycle everything. The colored tissue paper looks great! Thanks for playing along with challenge up your life!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an exquisite card Monica - loving the colours on the paper, and the elegant thanks and butterfly die cuts. Well done on all your up-cycling too
Blessings
Maxine

Irmelin Eriksson said...

What a lovely card. Thanks for joining us this month at We Love 2 Create. Hugs from DT-Irmelin

Terry said...

https://welove2create.blogspot.com/
Thank you for sharing your card with the DT from WE Love 2 Create, Lovely card and colours, thank you Hugs TErry (DT) xxx

Maikreations said...

This is a lovely card with an awesome background! Thank you for taking part in our "Frames" challenge at Challenge Up Your Life! Have a lovely Sunday and happy crafting, Maike