Friday 20 December 2019

Partially recycled

Dear bloggers,

Life has been nicely busy... I just finished the last session of 'guided meditation and the science of happiness' session for the parents at school. It went well overall and I am grateful that the parents who attended the programme found it calming and enjoyable. We managed to collect a sizeable sum from the earnings of this programme and went to visit the shelter for abused women where we handed over the cash along with 20 handmade cards with love to be used for birthdays at the shelter for women and children. I also took small tubes of hand lotion from Bodyshop to spoil the ladies.

The card below is one of the 10 thank you cards that has been requested by the manager of the shelter. 

This time I concentrated on giving goodies to the staff at school and tried to include whoever I could and it was so nice to see smiles on their faces. A small pack of chocolates or biscuits can create such wonders!

Now to my card which has been created with silver washi tape, a strip of printed vellum and a sentiment which has been die cut from a yoghurt lid. I thought the photo was fine but obviously, it is not. Lol. There is always a new tomorrow to hope that it will be better next time.




I will enter my card in the following card challenge:

Happy card making,

Monica

5 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

A really elegant card .
Hugs Shirley-Anne

kiwimeskreations said...

You have been very busy Monica. So wonderful to her that you were able to support the shelter so well.
Love your card - it's simple, but so elegant with the washi tape and vellum
Blessings
Maxine

Taluula said...

Simply beautiful. Bravo.

Chrissie said...

This is a fabulous card Monica, I love the subtle colours!
Thanks for sharing with Perfectly CAS and have a very Happy New Year!
Chrissie

Linda said...

This is beautiful. Thank you for playing along with the Perfectly CAS challenge xx