Monday 24 February 2020

Rooster from a coaster

Hello sweet bloggers,

Here is my card to show you today. The image is actually a coaster that was in the breakfast room of a hotel in Jakarta. The background on the cardstock below has been created with shaving foam and food colouring. It all came together beautifully I thought. 
The BIRTHDAY sentiment has been die cut from a scrap of wallpaper. 
I hand wrote the HAPPY on the coaster with a red Sharpie. I do think I could have done better with the dot on the i of the "birthday". And yes, I have used glossy accents on the feathers of the rooster for added interest. 

I do like my card overall. 



I will enter my card in the following challenges:



Happy card making to you,

Monica 

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

Amazing! So pretty and great job on the recycling.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Monica - love that the colours and pattern in the background tie in so wonderfully with the rooster image
Blessings
Maxine

Donna Ellis said...

What a fabulously upcycled creation, Monica! I love the rooster coaster, and the beautiful, intensely-colored shaving cream background. It matches your rooster perfectly! Gorgeous card! hugs, de

Sue said...

Fab card Monica! and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Calendar Challenge hugs Sue x