Wednesday 19 February 2020

The key is...


Hello bloggers,

As some of you may know, I have been running a boutique forum since 2016 wherein I conduct guided meditation and offer personal development to stay at home mums. I have been conducting similar sessions for parents in my kid's school. However, due to the COVid-19 virus, we have had to stall the programme. I am hoping that everything gets back to normal sooner than expected and I can resume doing what I love. As some of you may know, the proceeds from the fees go towards a shelter that houses abused women. I was lucky enough to raise a decent sum by hosting 11 such sessions. 


Now to my card - I have had this typewriter die for years now and finally got hold of some packaging material and die cut it. I used black soot to sponge it. 

The key has been die cut from a matt gold thick cinema ticket while the red paper you see under the sentiment is from canvas packaging which we painted red as we had surplus red paint.

The sentiment is a rubber stamp which is lying in a drawer while I write this post on my dining table. 
The white rectangular nestie with holes on the edges is my new buy from Sizzix. 


I will enter in the following challenges with this card:

theartisticstamper - writing


Happy card making,

Monica 

10 comments:

nwilliams6 said...

Great die and love the key. This is lovely, Monica. Sorry to hear there is disruption in your series of classes. I so wish you lived here and I could take your classes! I heard that it can actually stop your brain from aging. That is super cool Many hugz

jimlynn said...

Cute card and love the way your used the typewriter die and that key. Great sentiment too.
Thinking of you with that virus. Stay safe and healthy!
lynn

Sheila H said...

That typewriter die is awesome. And I love the sentiment. We're happy to see you at Here is a Place to Start.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great use of the typewriter die Monica, and a what wonderful quote you have used. This is a fabulous card.
Blessings
Maxine

Maria Giselle B. said...

Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck! Stay healthy!

Neets B said...

What a great sentiment, and a lovely creation using your dies. I love that dotted rectangle die! Thanks so much for playing along at Happy Little Stampers CAS challenge, Anita x

Skye said...

A lovely card and a great sentiment. I like how you have used the gold key to connect with the sentiment.

Skye said...

A great card. I like how you have connected the gold key to the lovely sentiment

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Fabulous creation! Thank you for joining in The Artistic Stamper Creative Challenge

Chana Malkah said...

Great die and a fun project! Beautifully executed! Thanks for a wonderful submission to our challenge at A Place To Start!
Hugz,
Chana Malkah, Owner