Thursday 13 August 2020

Vellum over neon

Hello sweet bloggers,

My younger one made the background here with Mala paints directly on to a piece of cardstock without using a pencil. All was well until I thought I should go over the flourishes again and it got all messy. To save the card, I stuck a vellum sheet over it. Another layer was stuck under the paper with flourishes and it was painted fluorescent pink paint on its edges. I seem to like this card at certain times and not at others. I stuck a strip of cardstock to hold the vellum in place and another thin strip with Happy Birthday stamped on it. A few dots in fluorescent pink completed it. With the vellum, you will not need sunglasses to view this card. Lol.

 
I will participate in the following challenges with my card:
artydivas - anything goes


Monica 

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Spotted this fun card at Watercooler Wednesday - so colorful! Your daughter is very talented to draw that background!!

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is beautiful x

I bet your daughter was not happy!!! but a great end result x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz2.blogspot.co.uk

kiwimeskreations said...

A wonderful save Monica, and a great way to use the vellum - another wonderful collaboration!
Thank you for sharing this cheerful card with us over at Word Art Wednesday
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine WAW DT

Karen Letchworth said...

Oh Monica...please tell her that she did a FAB job on this. I'm SO glad you're teaching her to craft. All young girls (maybe even boys, who knows) need to be introduced to crafting, arts, etc. and I just LOVE that she's this talented at such a young age. God has certainly given her talent. Thanks for having her share it with us. LOVE it.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my personal blog

Created by Kath said...

Great save on your daughter's background! Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges! Kath-DT

Michelle W said...

Love this! Thanks for sharing with us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Rose Andrew said...

Sweet card. Thank you for joining us at Digi Choosday Craft Challenge.
Good Luck
Rose DT

Hayley's handmade cards said...

This is beautiful, thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday challenge blog. Hayley guest DT member. x