Tuesday 20 October 2020

Partly recycled card

Hello dear bloggers,

This printed paper on this card was a fancy gift wrap in it's earlier life. A sweet friend brought me a gift wrapped in this paper and I told her that I would make a card with it. I sponged the edges with distress ink and stuck three layers of cotton lace at the bottom. The sentiment is a die cut and recycled packaging material that was painted a dark shade of green was used for it. 

Over at Unstampabelles, the challenge is to share how you got inspired into card making with a twist of Thank You. Well, I was inspired by my Mum to start making cards when I was 10 years old. I made a card for my uncle when he had multiple fractures in his wrist. I remember that card so clearly - I drew an apple, coloured it in and fussy cut it and the caption I wrote was, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". I thought was super creative. Coming back to the inspiration I have received from my mum and I continue to receive it to this day. I remember she would draw daffodils and fill them up with crushed glass and glue. I thought that was really creative. 


 I will participate in the following challenges:

https://unstampabelleschallenges.blogspot.com/ - say thank you with a card or tag
http://welove2create.blogspot.com/ - anything creative/mixed media goes

Monica 

4 comments:

Jan Mahew said...

Monica, Such an elegant creation with a touch of delicacy of lace. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck! HAPPY CRAFTING!
Hugs,
Jan
(Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp shop)

NanaConnie said...

Great "Thank You" card, Monica, and I love that beautiful lace! Thanks so much for entering our "Anything Goes" challenge at Pammie's Inky Pinkies this week. Good luck.
NanaConnie. DT

Mia said...

Beautiful! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Jan’s Digi Stamps with this lovely creation. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
Regards,
Mia
Designer for Jan’s Digi Stamps
craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

frommycraftroom said...

Fabulous upcycling/recycling. Love the paper. Thank you for sharing your story and card with us at Unstampabelles.