Wednesday 8 December 2010

For challenges and then for charity

Hi bloggers,

I am a bit behind with visiting as well as posting... Life has got a bit hectic ever since Aleeza's nanny left some weeks ago but I guess there are always pros and cons to every situation. And in this case, it is just as well that she has gone because Aleeza is going to turn 3 in February and she needs to learn to be independant. 

For me it is good to bond with her without the nanny's slightly over bearing personality. The flip side is that it has made me flipping busy. I don't seem to get enough time to make cards, blog or just kick off my shoes and have some fun and that makes me a bit sad.

Never mind, I must try and be a good mother - they grow up so fast as everyone says... I should be grateful for such luxuries that Indonesia provides.

Okay, enough waffling there - it is 11.33 pm as I write this post. I have used this stamp from Inkadinkado while the metallic tissue paper is from Paperchase. The gems are from Paper Mania (I think) while the ribbon is from my stash.

Am going to enter this card for the following challenges:

www.cutedaisymay.blogspot.com/ - ribbons and bows

www.aspoonfullofsugarchallenge.blogspot.com/ - Christmas

www.keepitcas.blogspot.com/ - deck the halls

www.thepaperplayers.blogspot.com/ - Christmas


Hugs,

Monica

17 comments:

Do What You Love said...

What a darling card with the scrumptious paper to boot - just love it! I do wish I'd done more stamping this year with the stamps I bought for the holidays - will have to join a holiday club to make Xmas cards all year long...hahaha..we'll see. I love the colors, dear - they are quite wonderful!

Always with a Sentiment said...

Hello Monica. Your card is delightful. Love the colour combination and the stamp you have used, its just perfect. Happy crafting.
With love, Sandra xx

Unknown said...

Great card Monica, hope life is settling down now & you have some more free time with or without the nanny

Linda . J said...

Gorgeous card Monica love the colouring and beautiful image, the paper is so yummy too.
Thank you for joining us over at Woopsie Daisy
Hugs Linda

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

The tissue paper is a really great look along with the silver ornaments!!!

sorry you lost your nanny!
Maria

Shirley-Anne said...

Hello Monica.
Love the way you have used the metalic tissue paper behind baubles , it really highlights them .
The group of baubles is a nice stamp for Christmas Cards must look for it .
Good luck with challenges .

Shirley-Anne said...

PS.... meant to say thank you for the award . I am going to hang on to it for a while because I have had quite a few new viewers on board and I would like to check out their blogs and see if I can share it with them as token of encouragement . I have, however ,placed it in my side bar with a thank you to you . And I do thank you for thinking of me .

1CardCreator said...

Hi Monica, things will settle down once you get your own routine in place so hang in there. I have been behind in my visits too, sometimes life just gets in the way. I love this card, I never thought to use metallic tissue paper, it is beautiful, very clever! ~Diane

Philippa said...

Beautiful, Monica - I love the colours and textures.

Audrey Ernst (hippieaud) said...

Very pretty Monica! I love the colors you have chosen and that purple paper is stunning. Thanks so much for playing at WHOOPSI DAISY's ribbon and bow challenge this week:)

Rleen said...

Beautiful card! I love all the techniques you did!
Thank you for joining us at the Whoopsi Daisy this week challenge. Hope to see you again next week.
Hugs, Rleen

jaydee said...

Monica,
love this color scheme and the tissue paper with the metallic baubles is just perfect!
thank you for joining the Paper Players this week.
Jaydee

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful and festive card! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Very fun! I love the silver ornaments on the black background. the metallic tissue paper is a wonderful accent! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players! :)

jimlynn said...

How did I miss this!!!!! Sometimes I don't know if my "google reader" is reading or not!
This is sensational! So very pretty Monice..and I love that tissue paper too.
Sorry about the nanny up and leaving - but all things happen for a reason I guess. Enjoy all the time you can with the little ones because, like you said, they grow so fast. Treasure each moment you have with them.
Lynn

Unknown said...

Pretty card, all the different elements look lovely together x Start Aleeza crafting young then you can do it together x leigh x

Sande said...

Very beautiful creation!

Thanks for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy!

Hugs, Sande