Friday 21 June 2019

Smile

Hello sweet bloggers,

Here is another leafy card made today. The leaves were cut from super thick packaging material and as I shared in my last post, I marvel at how I kept running my Cuttlebug over and over again. Lol.

I coloured the kraft side of the packaging with water colours and a plastic bag which I wore on one hand like a glove and put colour on the palm. Water was sprayed on the paint and I went over the packaging sheet with this.  
Green, blue and a fluorescent yellow were used to obtain this result. I learned of this plastic bag technique on Pinterest. A zip lock bag is what was used in the tutorial but I chose to use a humble plastic bag as I did not deem fit to spoil a zip lock bag. I actually wash my zip lock bags and dry them before reusing them. That is how far my love affair with the environment goes. My children laugh at me but it is okay. Lol. Coming back to the card, the die cut black sentiment was also cut from packaging material. I used a square die to cut a window on the top layer. I quite like this simple beauty.



Ellibelle's corner  - summer scenes, treats or colours

See you soon,

Monica 

5 comments:

jimlynn said...

And beautiful it is!!!!!!!! A stunning card Monica and I love the way you said you colored the leaves! Outstanding.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving the effects you are achieving with this technique Monica - The result is a beautiful card!
I have washed and reused plastic bags and plastic cling wrap for years Monica, so you are not on your own :),and recycled and composted even when it was not in vogue!
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Brown said...

What a lovely CAS card. Your painting technique sounds fun and the result is very pretty. Thanks for joining us at Watercooler Wednesday.

Ellibelle said...

A beautiful CAS card. Love the design and the crisp white with the green looks amazing!
Thank you so much for joining in at Ellibelle's Crafty Wednesday June/July challenge where it's all about "Summer Scenes, Summer Colors or Summer Treats"!

KraftyAl said...


What a fabulous CAS card. The white with the green really makes the card pop. Thank you for joining Colourific Challenge Corner. Can I remind you to link back to Colourific Challenge Corner Blogspot to be entered into the prize draw. Hope to see you again next time.