Thursday 28 May 2020

10 years of blogging and a happy card to celebrate

Dear lovely bloggers,

Honestly, it is a long, long time since I have expressed gratitude to my blog and you lovely souls who come and visit me, leaving such beautiful words for me. Thank you for it means the world to me. It makes up for so much else, you know. 
I remember when I was just two-three-four years into blogging, I used to consistently express my gratitude but over the years it became a thing of the past. 

I have completed 10 years of blogging this year in May and it all started when my dad passed away in 2010 and a close friend suggested that I start something related to writing. Blogging about my cards is what I could think of. My cards were so, so, so simple in them days and I am still learning so much from all of you. Yet I feel I have come quite a long way. 

Thank you so much for all your help and support in every which way. I still have the supplies you sent me since some of you sent me a lifetime of them. Papers, stamps, embellies, paper cutter, your name it and I have it. Of course the hoarding continues...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 

Now to my card which has been made with washi tape and a stamp by seven gypises. Yes, I remembered the name of the stamp after making a conscious decision to do so. The washi tapes took a while to be aligned since they were eight of them. Apart from that, it was a joy to make this card. I have tried to match the challenge at Addicted to CAS which is "Rainbow".



I will enter this card in the following challenges:

https://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/ - house that stamps built


Until my next post,

Monica 


11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on 10 years of blogging Monica. A great milestone, and I am so glad I found you.
Loving this card - the colours are fabulous, and I love how you have framed the stamp
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Fantastic card and yes, it reminds me of a beautiful rainbow too. Love the way you used strips of paper for it.
Congrats on 10 years of blogging. I've enjoyed seeing each and every one of your posts over the years Monica. Also enjoyed seeing those two little girls grow up to be beautiful young ladies now. You have a beautiful family.
Lynn

Kate said...

Such a bright, happy card!! And congratulations on your ten years of blogging. I hope that your cardmaking continues to bring healing. The sentiment on your card seems especially fitting as you journey through your grief.

Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week!

Kate
Small Bits of Paper

Heather said...

Well, congratulations on 10 years of blogging! What a great milestone! And your card is adorable and so fun with that bright, happy rainbow of washi!! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

What a nice cheery card! I love how the (choose happy) sentiment is enhanced by encircling it!

Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up for our Boys Will be Boys challenge!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

CA Scrapper said...

Love the beautiful colors on your card. Thanks for joining our challenge at Cut It Up!

Leslie

Patti J said...

Congratulations on ten years of blogging! Sounds like you’ve made some good blogging friends! Your card is so happy! Love the washi tape rainbow! Thanks so much for joining us at The House That Stamps Built!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous card - love the use of washi for the rainbow! Thanks for joining in at ATCAS.

Jaydee said...

Congrats on 10 years of blogging! I love your bright and cheerful card - great use of the rainbow theme with the strips. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
Jaydee

cm said...

Echoing the others in congratulating you on 10 years of blogging! Your rainbow card is absolutely delightful! Thank you for sharing your creativity in the Uniko gallery!
~carol

Izzy Scrap said...

Congratulations for your 10 years of blogging ! And what a beautiful card to celebrate with these rainbow colours. Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along at Uniko.