Tuesday 19 May 2020

100% recycled

 Hello sweet bloggers,

I have been thinking of how I can extend my love of making cards out of recycled materials for a couple of years now. This card is one hundred percent recycled. I found a brochure outside an art museum in Kyoto, Japan with details of an art exhibition. I know what happens to such brochures after the event is over. So I confidently picked up a few and carried back them more safely than I would a baby. Lol. 

 The kraft paper that I have here for the cardstock was a thick brown paper carrier bag from a store. This is the result. Simple yet quite pretty I thought. Coming back to the image, we visited Kyoto to see the cherry blossoms hence you see them here. 

I also have to give credit to a friend called Natalie who challenged me to make a card that was totally recycled.



 I will enter it in the following challenges:




Monica 

9 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Monica, and well done on rescuing the brochures :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

jimlynn said...

Beautiful! Great recycling and yes, I can see why you'd treasure those brochures. Very pretty card.
Lynn

Sherri Thacker said...

What a great way to recycle. Love your card. So pretty!! I love cherry blossoms in the Spring! Thanks for sharing it with us at The Crafter's Cafe. Sherri DT

Maria Batan said...

I am proud of your initiative in recycling. Every little thing counts! Thank you for sharing your creation with us @ Incy Wincy Designs Anything Goes Challenge. Good luck!

Donna Scholz said...

Monica - your card is very pretty! I agree, there are so many beautiful brochures, magazine photos, and other ephemera that can be used to make truly beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing yours, and the story behind it with us at Double Trouble this week! -Donna

Melanie R said...

How fortunate you are to have visited Kyoto, Monica. There is so much inspiration to be found in Japan's cultural center! Your card is lovely and kudos for recycling. We're so glad you played along with us at Double Trouble #57.

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Using recycled materials can be lots of fun and you picked out beautiful combination of recycled items...beautiful card. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble.

cass said...

Gorgeous result from recycling. Thanks for entering your wonderful creation in our Feminine Challenge" at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight.

Kellianne said...

I love that you make cards with recycled materials! This is very pretty! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble!