Tuesday 23 June 2020

Ganesha for good luck!

Hello dear bloggers,

I generally share very universal cards on my blog but here is a card with the Ganesha, the Hindu God of good luck and good beginnings. I pray and hope that things improve for everyone. 

 The yellow base you see was achieved with acrylic paint which I have used on the front and back of the card stock.
I have used watercolours to colour in a stencil which I picked up at a craft village in New Delhi many years ago. This craft village is one of the nicest places in New Delhi as artisans bring in their handmade crafts, jewellery, clothes, textiles, Persian rugs, you name it and it can be found there. I believe the craftsmen bring in their stuff directly without middlemen which is even better. It is like an Alladin's cave. Not to forget the yummy food that is available there from many states of India.

Coming back to my card embroidery skeins were used at the bottom for added interest and the image was finally popped on thick cardboard.


I will submit this card for the following challenges:


Monica


7 comments:

jimlynn said...

Monica, this is beautiful and I loved reading your interesting post. Oh, I'd love to visit that shop you're talking about too! I've never heard of Ganesha. Your card is so pretty and I love the background in the yellow. Beautiful!
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

A pretty combination of colours on your card Monica, and the embroidery threads balance it nicely
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Cazro said...

A very pretty card, I love the addition of the embroidery thread, giving texture. Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday Caz DT

MagsB said...

This is beautiful, Monica, such lovely colours on the abstract image. Stay safe and well! Thanks for joining in at Dream Valley.

love Mags B x

Hester said...

Beautiful!
Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

Hester DT



Claudia Martins said...

Lovely card!
Thank-you for joining us at the Crafts Galore Encore Challenge.
Claudia Martins - DT

Maria Valente said...

Fabulous card! Thanks for sharing with us at Make My Monday Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again!
Crafty hugs