Saturday 11 April 2020

Choose joy

Hello bloggers,

This is a plaque that I made with a stencil. The stencil paste was made at home with baking powder, talcum powder, glue and water. When the paste dried up, it appeared peach in colour so I used my Sakura gold gel pen to go over it. I do like the texture of the paste. Very 3D.

I mounted it on an old wedding card to give it more depth and character. This wedding was a very special one. It was a Dutchman who married an Indonesian girl after he lost both his legs in a bomb blast in Marriot Hotel, Jakarta, Indonesia. What struck me most was how his enthusiasm and inspiration to carry on seemed to get stronger. His mum and dad were present and their smiles were full of love and endurance.




Down below is the plaque without the recycled mount.


I will enter the following challenges:




Happy card making,

Monica 

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an inspiring story Monica, and a beautiful plaque. A great way to make your own paste and colour it.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Andree said...

A wonderfully uplifting project highlighting the lovely texture.
Thank you for joining in with our April challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media. Good luck x